Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ravenwood Ball & Birthday Bash Day 2

Here at The Courageous Sorcerer I will be (TRYING) to post everyday about the Ravenwood Ball & Birthday Bash! I haven't logged in game yet to pick out my outfit, but I can promise you that it's going to be awesome. ;) If you don't already know, the Ravenwood Ball & Birthday Bash is going to be taking place on August 11th, 2012 in Ravenwood School of Magical Arts in Vampire realm, Area 1. Area 1 will be full even before the Ball & Bash starts so you'd better come an hour or two early just to make sure you'll be in that coveted Area 1. :P

Today and tomorrow I will be going over the Week 1 contests available at Fallon Shadowblade's website which you can find here. (Just click "here" and it'll take you. It'll open a new window so you don't lose your spot reading this post)

For today, I will be talking about the "design-a-poster" contest. In this specific contest you are required to make a poster for the 3rd Annual Ravenwood Ball & Birthday Bash. If you have no idea on how to use graphics programs just go to Youtube and search for some tutorials that match the graphics program you want to use. Remember to try your best and don't get discouraged (even if you're new to graphics, like I am)! If you don't even have a graphics program downloaded you can always try out a few. I would suggest GIMP which is COMPLETELY FREE if you're on a spending budget. You can find the GIMP website and download the latest version here. If you want to get all professional and you don't mind paying some cash you can also use Photoshop. I think they offer a free trial with a couple of limits. You can find the official Photoshop website right here.

What are the prizes, you're asking? The 1st place winner will take home a bundle of their choice (either a Majestic Bundle or a Pagoda Gauntlet Giftcard). 2nd place winner will take home either a Majestic Bundle or Pagoda Gauntlet Giftcard. I'm guessing the 1st place winner will choose one and whichever is left the 2nd place winner gets that one? Remember, I'm just GUESSING so don't hold me accountable if what I said was wrong. :P And last, but certainly not least, the 3rd place winner will be receiving 1 Snowy Cat Pet.

You have to submit your poster in one of the following formats: .jpg, .gif, or .png, After you've taken care of that you will have to email your entry to ravenwoodball(at)diaryofawizard.com Please include your wizard name in the email. You must send in your entry no later than 11:59 PM CST (Central Standard Time)  on Saturday July 21st, 2012. The winner will be chosen by Fallon's family and will be announced on Wednesday - July 25th, 2012. (It says 2011 on her website, but I'm guessing it's a typo)

I'm going to TRY to make a poster for the Ravenwood Ball & Birthday Bash. Firstly, because my mom won't let my brother and I buy ANY gift cards for Wizard101 since she thinks it's a waste of money. Secondly, because I want to improve on my graphics skills (which I have none of :P)! It's going to be very difficult for me since I have no experience with making posters/graphics whatsoever, but I'll try my best (and so should you!). ;) That's it for this post.

Until next time,
Jordan Seadreamer


No comments:

Post a Comment